So apparently I have athlete's foot...which really sucks. A few weeks ago I noticed that my left pinky toe was all swollen and itchy. So I go into the student center to see the nurse and I show her and she's like, "well, I don't think it's athlete's foot." She gave me some sort a cream to stop the itching. She called a couple days later to ask if it was better and (not lying) I told her it was. So I didn't schedule an appointment at the health center.
And now for a tangent...
So sunday the Marching Salukis do pregame and halftime at the Rams Game. I had to get up at about 4:30 so we could load the busses and leave at about 6am. I slept most of the way there and most of the way back, but I was still exausted for the rest of the day. Anyway, when we get there we had a morning practice, they fed us, and then we did pregame.
Well, after pregame the band had the best seats in the Dome. We were on the field...right in front of the cheerleaders. And I know I was at a game last year, but holy crap their outfits are so slutty. It's like...long-sleved half tops and itty bitty mini skirts. At least this year the cheerleaders weren't completely old and ugly like they were last year. Then Jeremy, Keith, Walter, Sean, and I decided to play "Fake or Real." However, we were dissapointed to conclude that most of the cheerleaders had real-looking boobs. But this isnt why I'm talking about them. What I cant comprehend is why someone would want to dress like that, look like that, and dance like a 90's boy band just to support "professional football" - a business that doesnt even serve a useful purpose when it comes to the world's neccessities. How is it that people will do all sorts of good volunteer work in other countries, or will spend their own money for a good cause, while someone is getting paid ridiculous amounts of money to play a game that wont do anyone else any good? And why do these people have other people who get paid to dress like skanks and "support" the people making money that (I think) they dont really deserve? Professional sports and professional cheerleading are real scams.
So anyway, I get back from this Ram's game...Oh wait! This game got a mention in Sports on River Region (an SIUC-run news program), and you know who DIDNT get mentioned? The band. The school's news broadcast broadcasted the outcome of the NFL game, yet failed to mention that their own marching band played at the game. Once again, the Arts have lost out to useless professional sports.
Ok, so I get back from the game, and I'm extremely burned out even though I slept on the bus on the way back. And when I go to take a shower I notice that my whole foot is swollen. It had kindof been bothering me on the trip, but I'd been ignoring it. But now it's swollen and I'm thinking, "Hm...that doesnt look good." But I'm really not that overly concerned because it doesnt hurt or anything. It's just itchy. So I go over to Keith's later and I show him and he gets all worried (which was actually kindof cute) and tries calling his sister because she's a nurse. But she was already in bed, so he couldnt get ahold of her. So he insists that I have it looked at again, even though I was already planning on it.
So monday morning I go see the nurse again. This time she demands I miss half my Anthropology class to go to the health center and see a doctor about this. Otherwise, I wont be able to see someone about it until Friday. So that's exactly what I did, even though Anth is my favorite class this semester and I was really mad about missing this one because the lecture that day was "Language and Communication." It's kindof relevant to my major AND my minor. So I go to the health center, fill out some paperwork, talk to a nurse about general information not relevant to my foot, and she asks me about my family's medical history and I'm like, "crap, I dont know. My mom knows all this stuff." So she tells me to sit on the squishy table thing and wait for the doctor. Finally the guy comes in and says, "they put you up there like you're a specimen and not a person." I appreciated this comment until I noticed that he only looked at my face twice the whole time he was in the room. He looked at my foot a couple times, said I had athlete's foot and then stared at his computer screen while telling me in doctor-language what I was going to have to take for it. Then he told me to go down the hall to the pharmacy, said bye, and left. Most awkward and discomforting doctor experience ever. >.<
So now I'm on meds. I hate meds with a passion. I hate having to remember to take pills, I hate swallowing them, I hate the thought that something that isnt food is going into my digestive system. And what's weirder is that the stuff I'm taking is also used as acne medicine. (Apparently Keith took it for acne at one point.) And not only this, but I have to take it twice a day with food...and no calcium. I really only eat twice a day...and I have yogurt at LEAST one of those times. It's the only calcium I really get if I dont have soymilk either. It's how I make up for not drinking milk. (Milk makes me really nautious. But 75% of the world is lactose intolerant. In fact, people arent really even supposed to be lactose tolerant in the first place, so I dont really see me not liking milk as being a problem.) So now I'm mad because I have to stop eating yogurt for the next 10 days or so.
However, I was bad today. I only had peach slices before drugging myself today and I havent felt good since. And then I had yogurt at dinner anyway. Keith yelled at me because I said I wasnt going to take the drugs until later and he said I'd forget. But I'm still pretty mad about it so I dont think I'm going to forget.
Not only did they give me pills, they also have me lotions and anti-itch liquids that I have to use two or three times a day for the next few weeks. Not fun.
Point is, I'm really pissed. I hate feet. I hate looking at MY feet. Feet (even mine) are majorly gross. And now I have to look at them more than I could possibly want to. Verdammt. >.<
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment